The Underground
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Little Town Of Bridgecroft....

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The Little Town Of Bridgecroft.... Empty The Little Town Of Bridgecroft....

Post by silent lark Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:56 pm

Okay, I’m finally going to make this. All of you may know my Sharps and Coxes, they live (sorta) in a little town called Bridgecroft.

The Cox Family

Ideas and Mindsets:

The Cause: You may often hear this saying. Basically Will's grandfather was trying to take over the world, that idea was passed on to his son, or Will's father.

What Better Way Then To Make An Army Of The Dead?: Ghosts are often tortured using guilt-tripping (digging up their pasts and making them feel horrible about themselves) and mind torture (the ability to go into the victim's mind and dig up horrible memories, often leading to confessions, the victim basically relives each painful memory. If you go far enough, the victim can go insane).

Every Man For Himself: If you get in the way, like support or shelter the enemy, you can be killed. Most save themselves before they would save others. They will leave you behind.

Don't Trust If You Can't Be Trusted: Even though they work together, the whole family has suspicions....but as you know...a house divided cannot stand.

That's Not My Name: Nick names aren't common here. Most are either called by their first name, or sir/ madam, or even Mr/Mrs/Miss/Ms. The lower you are in training or in the whole cause, you wouldn't be on a first name basis with the people who are higher up. Unless, they're your "friend" or are your age.

Important Rooms:

The Torture Room: Often where suspected enemies are brought here. The Cox Family has a number one enemy, who throughout the years has thwart plans. Most suspected enemies will be killed after the information has been received. Ghosts may also be brought here, if they do not listen or to dig up pasts. The Torture room consists of cells that victims are placed in. They are often magic proof and for the ghosts, they often are lined with the ghost's grave's soil so they can't escape.

The Training Room: Where all skills for combat are taught. Combat skills consist of spells, fighting, and using your abilities to bring down the enemy.

The Family Vault: The Fake vault, everyone though believes it’s real for a good reason. (For those of you not sure what kind of vault I am referring to, it’s a mausoleum) No one knows it’s a fake; the real one is underneath of it. Very few Coxes know of it, the ones that do all have had some relation with The Seer’s Guide…I’ll talk more about that later.

Living:

The entire operation is done underground, but they connect to houses where most of the family lives. Some guards will stay underground at night to make sure no one escapes. Ghosts, of course, never leave unless ordered too. The children are normally home schooled, but due to a recent bit of important information, some older children are attending the local high school for it is rumored the daughter of the whole enemy clan goes there. You don't have to be family to be in for the Cause, some are close friends.

Appearance: Coxes normally have raven black hair and are usually tall, they often have grey-blue eyes.

Ghosts:

A little info regarding our deceased friends.... All are basically prisoners, but the longer you have been here, the more you can be trusted and the more things you may oversee. The reason they follow orders is because they have been so guilt-tripped...they believe that the Cox Family can help them. The way it starts out is the family gains your trust, says they'll help you cross over, but in the process make you feel terrible about yourself...but hey...you can trust them...they'll never tell what you did. Ghosts on the day of their death, each year, will relive it.

The Sharps

Ideas and Mindsets:

Guide The Lost: The “lost” are ghosts, basically the Sharps do the opposite of the Coxes. They wish to help the lost cross over and not use them for personal gain. They do not keep them as slaves, there is only one ghosts who ‘works” for the Sharps and its voluntary. He is a former Cox named Abraham.

Low In Monies: The opposite of the Coxes, who stole their money. The Sharps are poor, few have houses and if they do they live together. Many have second jobs and some live in HQ and stay hidden. If they work in town, they often change their last name, not all live in the town.

Appearance: Sharps often have brown hair (can be any shade) and blue-grey eyes, however, they are not as -identical in appearance- like the Coxes have.

Important Rooms:

The Training Room: Where all skills for combat are taught. Combat skills consist of spells, fighting, and using your abilities to bring down the enemy.

The Cells: The Sharps have a cell block but do not torture regularly like Coxes do. They only do that if it has been agreed on as a last resort.

Living: Some live underground in small living quarters. The entire organization is underground, similar to the Coxes. They may live in a house or work a second job but those who live underground are often the ones who go out and fight.

The Fake Family

Consists of two people as who play the role of “mom” and “dad”. They are in the family but however cannot see ghosts.
Tyler (age 22) and Maria (age 20) both play the role of “siblings”, in truth they are cousins. Their parents took over the movement after Elizabeth’s parents were killed. They give information back and forth between the surrogate parents and their real parents in case they have to move her.
Most people (depending on the age, Elizabeth is 16 and her parents were killed when she was 2) do not know much about Elizabeth or have ever met her. (Now depending on the characters age, ranging from 17 and up might know)
She doesn’t see much of her real family only Tyler and Maria.

Seers

Abilities

Use of spells, ability to bring up memories, seeing the future (not all can do this), can see, touch, and talk to the dead
Seers actually give off energy to the ghosts. Positive and negative. Positive is if they’re good and want to help, allows the ghost to become stronger and less weak. Negative is energy when one wants to harm or the intent is not good, it drains the spirits (ex. The Coxes).

Spells

INCENDEFACIO- can ignite different things
HALTE- causes the muscles to freeze up and the victim becomes immobile till released. They can still talk or breathe; it’s just the major muscle groups
LACUS- can help put out a fire, it produces water o3o
CONTEGO- creates a force field. The caster can only hold it for so long though, it weakens and drains them. It can deflect bullets and weapons but not anything that has to do with the mind.
Lolassen- Opposite of Halte

The Definition of Seer- one that sees , one that predicts events or developments, a person credited with extraordinary moral and spiritual insight

Last edited by silent lark on Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
silent lark
silent lark
New Recruit

Back to top Go down

The Little Town Of Bridgecroft.... Empty Re: The Little Town Of Bridgecroft....

Post by silent lark Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:35 am

Sooo if the people who made Coxes, want to test them here, I'm fine with that. If not, I can make a Cox deviation if you prefer to learn more about the family and how they run. *shrugs*
silent lark
silent lark
New Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by silent lark Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:35 pm

Name: Demetrius Cox
Personality: quiet, sarcastic, secretive, has good intentions at heart
Appearance: tall (about 6'2), has short raven black hair, and dark more grey then blue eyes
Alive or Dead: (i.e. ghost or not) Alive
Bio: (optional) William's older brother, his mother died when he was eight. One of the head's sons.
Other: (optional) He enjoys reading and playing the piano

Name: Thomas "Tommy" O'Sullivan
Personality: sarcastic, hot headed, can be kind, often acts before he thinks
Appearance: has short brown hair, wears 1900s period clothing, has dark grey eyes, always soaking wet
Alive or Dead: (i.e. ghost or not) deceased
Bio: (optional) Died December 22nd, 1906
Other: (optional) Was Andrew's best friend

Name: William David Cox
Personality: sarcastic, hot headded, stubborn, often secretive
Appearance: has longish raven black hair, tall (about 6'1) has dark grey blue eyes
Alive or Dead: (i.e. ghost or not) alive
Bio: (optional) Demetrius' younger brother, the other son to the head
Other: (optional)

Name: Andrew Johnson
Personality: kind, caring, can be hot headed
Appearance: Blonde hair and brilliant blue eyes, around 5'11, wears 1900s period clothing
Bio: (optional) Died August 3rd, 1912 from a gun shot

Name: Dylan Wattington
Personality: sarcastic, stubborn, quick to anger
Appearance: has brown hair and dark brown eyes that have dark circles under them, he's about average height
Bio: (optional) Cause of Death unknown
Other: (optional) Looking for his mother

Name: Adelio Cox
Personality: meh....hard to describe..
Appearance: has short black hair, about 6'2 in height, grey blue eyes
Bio: (optional) Twin of Benvenuto and older brother to Cassandra

Name: Benvenuto Cox
Personality: meh...hard to describe
Appearance: has short black hair, identical to Adelio
Bio: (optional) Twin of Adelio and older brother to Cassandra

Name: Mr. David Cox
Personality: evulz...and insane..
Appearance: has raven black hair that's starting to grey, about 6'3
Bio: (optional) The head of the cause, keeps MANY secrets

Name: Cassandra Cox
Personality: hard to describe
Appearance: has long curly black hair, about 5'6
Bio: (optional) younger sister to Benvenuto and Adelio

Name: Ethan Sharp
Personality: kind, caring, protective of his little sister
Appearance: has shaggy brown hair, slightly taller than average, has grey blue eyes
Bio: (optional) His parents were killed by Coxes, he lives in HQ with his little sister, Alice

Name: Alice Sharp
Personality: quiet
Appearance: has curly light brown hair, light blueish grey eyes
Bio: (optional) younger sister to ethan, rarely talks since her parents were killed
Other: (optional) carries around a teddy bear

Name: Elizabeth "Liz" Thomson
Personality:
Appearance: has dark brown hair, blue grey eyes, short
Bio: (optional) the former head's daughter, knows nothing about the Coxes or that she's a Sharp

Name: Maria Thompson
Personality:
Appearance: has curly brown hair to her shoulders, short
Bio: (optional) part of the fake family, the new heads' daughter, sister to Tyler

Name: Tyler Thompson
Personality:
Appearance: has short brown hair, about average height, has dark grey blue eyes
Bio: (optional) part of the fake family, the new heads' son, brother to Maria

Name: Jacob Smith
Personality:
Appearance: has brown hair, dark eyes, wearing a revolutionary soldier's uniform
Bio: (optional) DIed in the revolutionary war

Name: Violet Kingston
Personality: sweet and caring
Appearance: has curly black hair and violet eyes
Bio: (optional) Died in a car crash, looking to reach out to her brother who survived the crash

Name: Daniel "Danny" Shire
Personality:
Appearance: wearing a school boys uniform, bruises on his neck and collar bone, has short red hair and freckles
Bio: (optional) Died falling down the stairs of his boarding school in 1939

Name: Abraham Cox
Personality:
Appearance: tall, muscular but still has a leanness to him, wears glasses, has shaggy raven black hair
Bio: (optional) His brother (David Cox) killed him, but this is unknown. He now helps the Sharps, formarlly the keeper of the Seer's guide.

Name: Brett Sharp
Personality:
Appearance: has short curly brown hair, more blue then grey eyes, short height wise
Bio: (optional) younger brother to Micheal and Christina
silent lark
silent lark
New Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by silent lark Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:02 pm

Will

It's my job to go get people when we have a meeting or at least, make them show up. We don't need everyone but father insists that those who are able and on the list...come. He says it's my job as the head's son to do this, Demetrius really doesn't have to but we all know who's becoming head
silent lark
silent lark
New Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by Campaña Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:49 pm

((Ima post my characters on the character forum thing in a bit, I have some of Christina up, Ima use her and Aly, maybe someone new if it becomes necessary))

Christina --

Do you know how hard it is to hide from your family that you've fallen into something they thought was over? After all, you don't want to admit to them you're weak, and that you can't stay on tract for more than a month before falling off again.

But, its not like it was a bad thing. They only thought it was bad thing. So what if I thought I needed to lose a few pounds? It's not like it hurt me, what would hurt me is if I got fat. That wouldn't be good at all.

So, its not like hiding it from them was a bad thing to do, I just... didn't want them to find out that I was....

It wasn't a problem.

So it was for that reason that I'd taken the long way home, so that I could get some running in before I got home. Perhaps I could call and say that I wasn't coming for dinner, that may raise some suspicion... but I really didn't feel like adding on all the stuff I'd just managed to work off. I mean honestly, that would be stupid.

The only problem with that idea.. was getting it past Micheal. He was a bit.. more observant then the rest of them.
Campaña
Campaña
New Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by Campaña Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:00 pm

Alysia--

Look, if the ghost had some kind of trauma or whatever because they'd died in some 'horrific' way, it wasn't my fault. I just wanted to have some fun, was that too horrible to ask for? I mean, I just wanted to stab something, but you couldn't exactly stab a ghost, I mean, its not fun. You need a person to do that too, but then they complain or whatever and say your being mean.

I am not mean.

Or crazy. I mean, I'm not crazy at all. The crazy people are the ones who call me crazy.

"Hello?" I demanded, walking down one of the halls towards where the cells should be. "Hello, any people here~?

I just want to have fun, is that too much to ask?
Campaña
Campaña
New Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by silent lark Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:46 am

Will

I had started walking past the torture room when I reconized Alysia's voice. "Alysia?" I called, yeah we had two new sharp prisoners but Father said we couldn't touch them...not yet. That was what the meeting was for, how we would dispose of them. They could be used for a transfer and if that didn't kill them, they would be disposed of. We could just torture to get information out of them, leaving them inches away from death's open arms or the brink of insanity till they cracked. Or as always, their was the lovely option of all three.

(dun know who to post for a sharp yet, will do soon)
silent lark
silent lark
New Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by Campaña Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:26 am

Aly

What had he just called me?! I swear. No respect around here. Just because he was older...

"Aly." I snapped, tossing my hair over my shoulder as I spotted him up the hall. "How many times do I have to tell you, its Aly."

((Would add more but school bell))
Campaña
Campaña
New Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by silent lark Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:50 am

Will

I rolled my eyes, smirking a bit. "I'll call you, Aly when you start calling me Will. Anyway, We have to go to the meeting, remember?" I said, tugging her in the opposite direction. "We can't kill them yet."
silent lark
silent lark
New Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by silent lark Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:17 pm

Abraham

I worry about Christina alot, I worry about her brothers as well. What had once been my enemy has become my famiy...and what had once been my family has become my most hated enemy. I doubt Micheal, Christina, or Brett know that but they are the closest thing I have ever truly had to family. When I came here, I was amazed to see how...different everything was. They did not stab eachother in the back (sometimes literally) like my family did, like my brother did.

So now I am wandering and looking for Christina, just to make her that she is going to get home safe and that she is still eating.
silent lark
silent lark
New Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by Campaña Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:20 pm

Aly--

I scowled, crossing my arms a bit as I allowed him to lead me down the hall.

"I wasn't going to kill them," I grumbled, moving one arm so to sweep my short, black hair away from my eyes, although it was too short to tuck behind my ears or whatever to keep it out for any real length of time. "Just draw a bit of blood. That's not called killing, William, that's called fun."

Killing was something else entirely, that was even more fun than just stabbing someone. I mean...the pain noises....they were priceless. Better than begging, begging was just plain annoying.

Christina--

I paused at the side of the road, leaning against ah tree as I attempted catching my breath. One disadvantage to this seemed to be how easy it was to become dizzy or breathless. I was losing though, just one day more and I could afford breakfast. After all, I deserve a treat for getting this far.

Few more pounds and I'd be back in shape, just a few more....
Campaña
Campaña
New Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by silent lark Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:19 pm

Will

"Sure, sure and it's Will." I said, tugging her down the hall and rounding the corner. "Or I'll call you Alysia." I grinned, glancing at her.

Abraham

Spotting her, I appeared next to her and ran next to her. "Hello Christina."
silent lark
silent lark
New Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by Campaña Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:31 pm

Aly--

I scowled, jerking to a stop the best I could, I mean the guy was huge compared to me, if he didn't want to stop... Well... then I couldn't exactly make him as much as I hated to admit it.

"You're mean."

Okay, perhaps I didn't have much right to call him mean, after all, he did have a small point when it came to the names. But calling him William was soooo much fun. I mean really, who else could I annoy the heck out of by just calling them their name? Not many people at all...

"I'm not taking another step, William, till you call me Aly."

Of course... as stated... if he chose to force me to come, it wasn't like I had much of a choice.

Christina --

I blinked, turning just slightly to spot Abraham. Nodding in his direction I carefully pulled myself straight up, making sure not to lean on the tree at all. He was another person to worry about, couldn't exactly let him know I'd fallen back into old habits either, the consequence would be the same as if I'd told Micheal or my parents myself.

"Hi, Abraham," I responded, reaching up to straighten my long, brown pony tail. "Whatcha doin' here?"
Campaña
Campaña
New Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by silent lark Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:56 pm

Will

Alright. She wants to play it that way. "Fine," I say, smirking down at her. "You don't have to." I hoist her up over my shoulder (it's easier cause she's alot smaller than me) and start walking forward.

Abraham

"Looking for you," I reply, pushing my glasses up. "Are you alright?"
silent lark
silent lark
New Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by Campaña Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:11 pm

Aly--

A squeak slipped out of my mouth when he picked me up, surprise flickering across my features only a second before the anger.

"PUT. ME. DOWN." I demanded, beating my fists against his back.

It was one thing to treat me like a child and drag me along, it was another entirely to just throw me around like this. I was not some sack of potatoes thank you very much.

Christina--

"Of course." I muttered, looking him over for a moment before starting towards the house, figuring he'd follow. "Whatcha need?"

Surely he wasn't just here to check on me? I mean, I was pretty sure I'd been careful recently, he had no reason to assume I was back at it again, I was smarter than that. You didn't get as far as I had before without learning a few tricks.
Campaña
Campaña
New Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by silent lark Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:57 pm

Will

"Will you walk then? And stop calling me William?" I ask, grimacing through my teeth as I tun the next corner. For a tiny girl she hit hard.

Abraham

"I just wanted to see if you were alright," I say, following her. "Your mom made your favorite for dinner."
silent lark
silent lark
New Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by Campaña Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:03 pm

Aly--

"You can't tell me what to do." I pouted, hitting a bit harder as I spoke.

I was definitely going to take the next chance I got to stab him during training. Just because I was smaller did not mean that I didn't have the right to choose what I do. I mean, I was fourteen, not four!

Christina --

I bit my lip, looking at him over my shoulder.

"She shouldn't have done that," I muttered, being as casual about it as I could. "I ate a big lunch, Lisa and I went to that one restraunt to celebrate her getting that job."

That was partly true, I had gone to the restraunt during lunch, but I didn't eat anything, using the excuse I'd had a large breakfast.
Campaña
Campaña
New Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by Autumn Dove Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:28 pm

Jonah

"I got them!" I called out from around the corner, turning it and running over to Demetrius. I had all the ingredients in my arms, ready to make the potion.

"So which one are we making?" I asked, looking at the items and trying to remember which one had these ones in it. I set them on the counter top and looked over at him curiously.

Melanie

I walked through the narrow hallway, looking back at my brother. He could be so slow sometimes....

"Would you hurry up, Aiden? I would rather not be late to another meeting," I said, turning back around and quickening my pace.

"Last time it was your fault," I heard him say from behind me. "I don't get what takes you so long."

I rolled my eyes and stayed silent. It was no use trying to get him to shut up. My hair brushed against the back of my neck. I could tell I would need to get it cut soon...it was getting longer. I hated long hair. Short was much easier to handle.

Aiden had finally caught up to me, but having a hard time keeping up.

"Why do you walk so fast?" He asked, looking at me strangely. I ignored his question and stepped ahead, turning the corner and arriving at the door to the room. He opened it for me, narrowing his eyes slightly as he said, "Ladies first."

I gave a silent sigh as he followed me in.
Autumn Dove
Autumn Dove
New Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by silent lark Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:52 pm

Abraham

I frown, studying her for a minute. She was a good liar, not as good as I was though. Spending years with my family, you learned to keep secrets and to do it well. "It won't hurt to have a bit," I say gently, looking down at her. "And you know Brett loves it when you all eat together as a family," I add, hoping the Brett card might soften her up.

Will

I grimace, tightening my hold on her. "You persisted and we can't be late, you know that. Do you want to be late?" I ask, glaring at her.

Demetrius

"Witch hazel, lemon grass, thyme, rosemary, and parsley for right now," I say, taking the thyme and carefully dicing it. Taking the blade, I slide the chopped thyme into the pot. Luckily I had been able to convince father to allow me to stay behind, meetings were dreadful and dull yet I had to act interested in everything that goes on. "If you wish you may start cutting the lemon grass but be careful of your hand, Jonah."
silent lark
silent lark
New Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by Campaña Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:44 pm

Christina

"But I'm not hungry," I insisted, running my fingers through the hair tucked over my shoulder. "Besides, I need to finish reading Jane Eyre, I've had it for almost two weeks now. I just simply haven't had time to do it. Brett will be able to understand just this once."

My eyes flickered back out in front of us, scanning the area. Only about two more blocks till the house. Shouldn't be too hard to just escape to my room, as long as Abraham would let me be.

Aly--

"I want to be put down!" I demanded, landing one particularly hard hit on his mid-back. "If you don't put me down, I will yell. Your dad wouldn't like that much, at all!"

That said I took in a deep breath, preparing to yell. Sure, we'd both get in trouble, but I didn't really care as long as he was included in whatever punishment.
Campaña
Campaña
New Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by silent lark Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:11 pm

Will

"ALRIGHT." I say, setting her on her feet. GAH SHE COULD BE SO ANNOYING SOMETIMES.

Abraham

"Alright...." I say, studying her. "that was quite a good book. Would you consider it Feminist or anti-feminist?"

Last edited by silent lark on Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
silent lark
silent lark
New Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by Autumn Dove Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:42 pm

Jonah

"I will!", I said, taking the knife. I grabbed the lemon grass and positioned it, taking the blade and chopping it into thin slices. I made sure it was farther from my hand so I didn't cut myself like last time. "Demetrius?" I asked, "Aren't you supposed to be at that meeting?" Melanie and Aiden had to go...and Demetrius was around the same age. I finished one piece and picked up another, cutting it too..
Autumn Dove
Autumn Dove
New Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by Campaña Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:24 pm

Aly

"See?" I grumbled, straightening out my hair, ignoring the fact that the pixie-cut strands had immediately fallen back into place. "Was that so hard?"

Grumbling under my breath, I stomped a foot and continued down the hall after giving him another dirty look.

"You could have just asked me to come, nicely."
Campaña
Campaña
New Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by silent lark Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:03 am

Demetrius

"No, Father said I was not needed," I reply, a happy smirk on my lips. Truth was we had come to a little agreement, I could skip the meeting and I would supply him with several new types of poison.

Will

I glare down at her, yeah sure she would have come happily. I had only asked her nicely several times. Opening the door for her, I stand by and allow her to go in first. Father had taught me to be a gentleman to a lady, whether the lady was a lady or not.
silent lark
silent lark
New Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by Campaña Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:20 pm

Alysia--

Rolling my eyes a little I stepped past him, turning the scowl on my lips into that sweet little girl smile I'd mastered so well. Waving to everyone in the room, William's father included, I took my place in the meeting room. After all, there was no better plan than to make the one's in charge believe that you followed them, leave no doubt of your loyalty.

No, if you were going to do that, then you might as well do that in secret.
Campaña
Campaña
New Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum