The Underground
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just Friends

2 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Just Friends - Page 2 Empty Re: Just Friends

Post by Campaña Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:15 pm

Devika

I shrugged, thinking over it and deciding on the truth, as much as the council would have disapproved. Pssh, when did I listen to the council anyways?

"Well, I'm not quite sure.. everyone here was chosen by the White Lady, but she has been gone for over two hundred, maybe three hundred years. Ever since her sister, The Dark Lady, took over. Your guess would be as good as mine as to why you are here."
Campaña
Campaña
New Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by Resonated Echo Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:29 pm

Peter

I frowned. "The Dark Lady...? Like, black hair, black eyes, long dress and cloak? That Dark Lady...?"

Oh gods...we were in a place ruled by TDL? That...that was not good... And I'd never actually heard of the White Lady before...
Resonated Echo
Resonated Echo
New Recruit

https://theundergroundcc.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Campaña Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:15 pm

Danae

Sparkly things...perhaps maybe not with being around a crazy person...but..sparkly things..are so...sparkly. And fairies get to have sparkly this gs...right?

Devika

I shrugged, fluttering my wings immpatiently. "The one and only." My eyes traveled to the sky, and the suns nervously.

"Dusk time is tomorrow." I muttered. "If we wish to be in the village walls and protected by the guards when that comes I suggest flying that way in no more than an hour."
Campaña
Campaña
New Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by Resonated Echo Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:42 pm

Peter

So it really was TDL... Great. That was just what we needed. This day was turning out spectacular so far.

Ahahaha right.

"Um, could you lead us there, then?" I asked. "And...what's dusk time?"
Resonated Echo
Resonated Echo
New Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by Campaña Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:04 pm

Devika

Freaking buggers. Not only would I have to go into the city..but I'd be with some new people. I would have scowled if it wouldn't have shown my displeasure instead of the cheery demeanor I kept up.

"It would be my pleasure." I purred, glancing back down from the sky to the boy again. "Dusk time's is the time once a month when the suns are down. It normally lasts for twenty four hours.
Campaña
Campaña
New Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by Resonated Echo Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:12 pm

Peter

"Oh," I said. "Alright then." Dusk didn't sound like the most appropriate thing to call it, but whatever. Then something occurred to me...we never actually introduced ourselves. Maybe it was just as well. After all, who knew what her intentions were?
Resonated Echo
Resonated Echo
New Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by Campaña Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:22 pm

Devika

"Yeah..well, You don't want to be out in the dark, trust me. Buggers would be the least of your worries. Things all the way up to starlighters come out then. "

Freaking newbies. Its going to be so obvious they're new...and we're gonna get flocked upon reaching the city..
Unless...

"I should tell you, if you hold hands when you enter the city it will make it easier to stick together, at this time of the month it gets really crowded around there."

Perfect...passing the light off as soullmates.
Campaña
Campaña
New Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by Resonated Echo Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:23 pm

Peter

I nodded. Seemed reasonable enough...though the thought of holding hands with Danae gave me a kind of funny feeling... I had no idea why. Or even what that feeling was, for that matter.

"Should we get going now, then? And...maybe you can explain about the other stuff on the way--if you don't mind, of course."
Resonated Echo
Resonated Echo
New Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by Campaña Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:29 pm

Devika

"Not a problem, I would be happy to tell you whatever you need to know."

Freaking buggers. This is why even when the new ones used to cone in all the time I would hang around in the trees, as far as I could be from them. It was so much more peaceful there.

"Lets get going. Yes." I began. Fluttering my wings in anticipation.

Danae

........great...More flying.
Campaña
Campaña
New Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by Resonated Echo Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:36 pm

Peter

I caught Danae's expression. Considering that earlier mishap, I wondered how she'd fare. I tried to give her a reassuring look before turning back to the other Fay.

"Alright then."

((FF?))
Resonated Echo
Resonated Echo
New Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by Campaña Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:37 pm

Danae

Okay, so it wasn't as freaky once those suns started to go down. I mean, one sun is bad enough. Give me two and.. yeah..it just.. doesn't work. Funny thing though, the girl seemed to get nervous as the sunlight faded, glancing around uneasily at every sound.

It was starting to make me wonder, why did we have to be in the city when it got dark? Surprisingly, I found it easier to focus my mind on the unseen dangers than on the fact that I was flying again, something that I would rather not be doing.

Devika

Okay, we were definately not making the time I'd hoped for. Instead of reaching the city gates by sundown it would be safe to bet we'd still be a mile away when the light was completely gone. That meant a chance of starlighters. The good thing is that you don't often run into a starlighter, you have to find a zemma first. So as long as we stayed away from the zemmas.. we should be fine.

Relaxing a little at the thought I let my eyes travel over the grass below us, watching for any sign of movement. Just an hour longer, maybe two. If we could make it that long.. we'd be safe. Inside the city.

My only hope is that they didn't already lock up for all of Dusk Time.
Campaña
Campaña
New Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by Resonated Echo Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:51 pm

Peter

This flying...I could get used to it. It actually wasn't too different from the flying I'd done on artificial wings in the dragon planes. ...Okay, it was still pretty different, but the basic principles were more or less the same...ish. And at least here I didn't have to worry about oxygen supplies and falling into an ocean of acid. That was a plus.

This new Fay still hadn't explained anything, though, like buggers and starlighters. Oh well.

"Are we reaching the city?" I asked. It looked like twilight was on its way, something that made me very uncomfortable considering my lack of knowledge about...all of this.
Resonated Echo
Resonated Echo
New Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by Campaña Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:53 pm

Devika

I hesitated, glancing up and around us for a moment before dropping my eyes back to the ground beneath us.

"About two miles out, should take a little around an hour, maybe a bit longer." I muttered a bit nervously, only letting a bit of my uneasiness show.

.....Did I just see something moving. Crap. Crapcrapcrap. That was definitely something. A big something. A big something that just happened to be shaped like a zemma....crap. Quickly I snapped my head up and looked around the sky. Taking deep breaths I tried to keep my cool, maybe if I didn't look at it, the zemma wouldn't notice me....well..notice any of us.
Campaña
Campaña
New Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by Resonated Echo Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:54 pm

Peter

"What is it?" I asked quietly. Something about the agitated way in which she was looking around drove me to be quiet. I dunno... And I hated being left in the dark like this, so to speak. Though it seemed that we might literally be left in the dark soon...
Resonated Echo
Resonated Echo
New Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by Campaña Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:05 pm

Devika

"A zemma." I muttered back, chancing a glance down at the creature.

Zemma's themselves are that dangerous. Smart fairies can easily stay away from the sharp rows of large teeth. Its what comes with the zemma you got to watch for. See these creatures turn into starlighers. Starlighters can easily take down around five fay before they're even harmed. Its the deadly grace with which they move, and the shiny layer of starry skin that keeps them from being harmed by just one fay alone. The think layer could be compared to steel, not impossible to break through, just very, very hard.

Quietly I gestured towards where I could still see the zemma, faintly hearing the girl's gasp at the sight. Zemma's resemble giant caterpillars, only their skin looks more like a jelly like substance. I know personally if you stab one the weapon will just sink into the skin, doing barely any harm and letting out think black liquid that is the zemma's blood. They have small, buggy eyes sitting on top of the head end of their bodies, and large mouths, full of three rows of sharp teeth.

Zemma's tended to be dumb though, so as I said, its easy to keep away from them normally.
Campaña
Campaña
New Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by Resonated Echo Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:35 am

Peter

"What do we do about it?" I asked. "Just ignore it and hope it doesn't spot us?"

This girl sure went into detail... I knew barely anything about any of this. It seemed like the more questions I asked her, the more questions I had to ask. I sure hoped that we'd get some straight answers in the city...provided we actually got there.
Resonated Echo
Resonated Echo
New Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by Campaña Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:28 pm

Devika

I hesitated, then pursed my lips giving him a short nod.

"Thats the best thing you could do.." I began quietly. "Just be as silent as possible, we don't want it to spot us. zemma's attract..worse things."

With those words I pushed a little harder, trying to get as far from the thing as possible.

Danae

Worse things? What the freak could be worse than that thing...? It looked..just down right nasty. I couldn't help but wonder if I poked it would it like.. burst or just have my finger sink in. I had to hold onto all my will power to keep from going down there to check it out.

Just as I thought we were clear, being unable to see the zemma anymore, a low keening sound lit the air, increasing in pitch until it seemed to be almost like a whine. I glanced at the girl, preparing to ask what the heck that was, when I noticed her face has drained of color.

"Its calling." She whispered, seemingly frozen at the sound. "It's calling the starlighers."
Campaña
Campaña
New Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum