The Underground
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Snowed In!

+3
silent lark
V
Caribou
7 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Snowed In! - Page 4 Empty Re: Snowed In!

Post by Truth Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:50 am

"Stew," said Angfand, returning with bowls full of the stuff. "It's warm and filling, and that's about it."
Njall knelt down next to the fay. "I thought a bowl might be a bit big for you so I brought you a spoonfull of stew and a couple of splinters to eat it with. I hope that helps."
Truth
Truth
New Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by Campaña Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:33 am

Well, I couldn't complain about free food, I suppose. I nodded, smiling at him.

"It probably will, thank-you," I said as I reached forward to take Raphaël's offered finger and shake it.

It was slightly... demeaning to have to shake someone's finger. While I understood it was out of politeness that he offered it, it still didn't' mean I had to like it. The old way was so much better. Bowing did it for me, bows and curtsies. I mean, that way I didn't have to shake some dude's finger.

"Pleasure to meet you, Raphaël."
Campaña
Campaña
New Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by silent lark Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:38 pm

Raphaël

"you nevair told me your name." I say, somewhat curiously. Wondering if it was a slip up or not.
silent lark
silent lark
New Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by Pabu Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:49 pm

Ori stood outside a cabin, searching out into the blizzard for his sister. Where was she? Quinn was supposed to be here with him. He didn't like that they were separated in this storm and it was starting to cause him stress problems. Panda's were not supposed to get stressed. They are lazy creatures who should only have to worry about running out of their bamboo stick and finding a tree to lounge in. Worrying about his sister was not on the list of things pandas should worry about! 

He glanced out into the blizzard, his deep blue eyes scanning the surroundings again and he groaned. Still no sigh of her. With his luck, she was probably in her white jacket making it nearly impossible to see in this weather. Ori chewed on the end of his bamboo rod, trying to get rid of any nervous feelings he had. She was probably fine. Hopefully. If anything went to bad she would shift, right?

The edge of his bamboo rod became soaked and had little teeth marks in it from his gentle gnawing. He would have to be careful to not eat this all before he could get out of this storm mess. That would be difficult, because it always seemed like the panda boy was chewing on bamboo of some sort. 

Ori slowly pulled the bamboo stick away from his mouth and looked down at the ground. His white hair fell into his face, masking the black markings around his eyes. He was extremely glad that he had remembers to wear his gloves, long mitted hat, and large jacket today. Ori could care less about the black markings on his hands feet and face, or even the ears that poked out of the top of his head, he just didn't want to be cold. He adjusted his hat, the small panda head on the hat falling forward a bit, only to stop from falling into his face by his ears which poked through the holes. Part of him knew that from an outside point of view he must have looked weird. What kind of panda wears a panda hat? It was just a joke that started between him and his sister. 
Where was she? Quinnnnnny. This anxiety stuff was way to stressful for Ori to deal with. 

"Quinny," he called, his voice somewhat soft and lazy, definitely not loud enough to carry over the howling wind. "Quinnnnny." Again, he had the same tone. Laziness seemed to leak into his voice as he called out for his sister. "Quiiiiinnnnnn." see? Even when given the task of finding their sister in a snow storm, pandas are lazy creatures

-

Quinny wrapped her arms around her stomach as she walked, keeping her jacket wrapped tightly around her. The wind seemed to bite through her jacket and nip at her skin. It was so cold out, but she didn't want to risk losing her clothing by shifting. 

Where was Ori? Where was she? A small whimper escaped her lips as se trudged through the high snow banks, trying to find any sign of her brother. Actually, at this point, she was looking for any sign of civilization. 

"Ori!" Unlike her brother, when she called out for him she made her voice carry, in hopes that she would be heard. "Ori! Where are you?" she listened for a reply, but heard nothing. She tried to swallow the lump that was rising in her throat. Maybe she was all alone out here. It was possible that she could die, alone, in this storm. No one would find her body until the storm passed, and maybe it would be too late. 
Pabu
Pabu
New Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by Resonated Echo Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:38 pm

Sarah

My legs were starting to ache, and I was beginning to feel somewhat fatigued. Wading through all this snow was hard work! I was worried that by the time I did find them, I'd be too tired to do anything about it. And maybe the cold didn't affect me, but I was getting covered in snow and would end up soaked before too long. And that would suck.

I pulled my hood lower in an attempt to keep the snow out of my eyes. I had to say, I was grateful we'd been on a stealth mission. And I actually probably looked pretty badass with my cloak billowing in the blistering wind and all that. Cloaks are cool.

I had to find a lead soon, though, or I didn't know what I was going to do. After all, I couldn't see anything but darkness and snow.

C'mon, please just stir or something...? At least give me a flicker...

Of course...there could've been another reason why he hadn't flared his signature, but...I didn't want to think about that. That wasn't a possibility, because I said it wasn't. Nope. Nope nope nope nope.

Hey, Sorrel started, I think I see a figure in the distance!

I squinted. I can't see anything, but I'm gonna trust you on this.

Not wasting a moment, and without a second thought, I pulled out a flare and fired it into the sky.
Resonated Echo
Resonated Echo
New Recruit

https://theundergroundcc.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pabu Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:35 pm

Quinn couldn't lift her head up to try to see where she was going. Every time she tried, the wind would push into her face, make it even harder to breathe, and the cold would nip at her nose.

"Ori!" she shouted again. "Anybody! Help!" She looked around again, and saw a bright flash off to her left. turning, she fought the wind to look up into the sky. A flare. Someone else was out there. It could have been someone who wasnt a good person, and may want to kill people, but that didnt matter at this point. She pulled her jacket tighter around her and started off in that direction, moving as quick as the large piles of snow would let her.

Just a little further. She kept her head down as she walked, her hat being pushed back by the never ending wind. It was a little while until she saw a figure in the distance. "Hey! Is someone there?"Quinn pushed forward, keeping on her path to the figure.

Pabu
Pabu
New Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by Resonated Echo Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:48 pm

Sarah

You were right, I thought, I see someone! I broke into a haphazard run.

"HELLO?" I called, but my words were whisked away by the wind. As I got closer, though, I heard the other person call out. Dismayed, I slowed down a little.

It's not them...
Resonated Echo
Resonated Echo
New Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by Pabu Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:11 pm

"Hello? I'm here!" Quinny ran to meet the other voice, the wind fighting against her every step. If it wasn't trying to push her backwards, it was trying to make her tip side ways or push her into the snow. Not to mention the snow it was causing to go down her jacket and shirt to press against her skin. Oh how she wished she wore a scarf today.

Even when fighting against the wind, she met up with the other person.

"Hello!"
Pabu
Pabu
New Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by Resonated Echo Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:15 pm

Sarah

"Hello," I said. "Didn't expect to meet anyone else out here, that's for sure. Are you as lost as I am? And you wouldn't happen to have seen a guy dressed like me, would you?"
Resonated Echo
Resonated Echo
New Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by Pabu Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:47 pm

"I havent seen anyone, sorry." Quinny put her hand over her eyes to try to stop snow from flying into her field of direct vision. She studied the girl in front of her, confusion clear on her face. Where were the animal markings? What was she? There was no tail from what she could see.

"what are you? and have you seen another panda? I cant find my brother."
Pabu
Pabu
New Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by Resonated Echo Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:53 pm

Sarah

"Huh?" I asked. "Panda? What do you mean?"

Some planes have the strangest lingo, Sorrel thought, I swear.
Resonated Echo
Resonated Echo
New Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by Pabu Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:09 pm

Quinny looked at her, blinking. "A panda bear. Like me. Black hands and feet.... eye markings..... ears.... panda. What, have you never seen a Panda Bear?" She pulled her jacket tighter around her, the bamboo poking out the bottom of it.
Pabu
Pabu
New Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by Resonated Echo Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:43 pm

Sarah

"Of course I have, but..." I shook my head. "Nevermind. I'm a human. And you must be freezing..." I held out my hand. "Here."
Resonated Echo
Resonated Echo
New Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by Pabu Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:44 am

What would taking her hand do, Quinny wondered. But she did so any way, placing her gloved hand into the girls.

"Should we look for shelter? Or others?"
Pabu
Pabu
New Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by Resonated Echo Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:11 pm

Sarah

I extended my latent power to her, preventing the cold from getting to her.

"I found a cabin earlier," I said. "I could lead you to it. I'm looking for a friend who's stuck out here, though."
Resonated Echo
Resonated Echo
New Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by Campaña Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:46 am

Devika

"No, I didn't," I said to him, still smiling. I didn't expound on the statement, though.

Instead I fluttered my wings just a little, pleased with their progress towards drying out.
Campaña
Campaña
New Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by Pabu Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:01 pm

Quinny tilted her head. "We should head towards it then. Maybe your friend will end up there." Warmth seemed to spread through her body when the girl touched her. Did she say her name? Oh, even if she did, Quinny wouldnt remember. She was so bad with names.

Pabu
Pabu
New Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by Resonated Echo Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:45 pm

Sarah

"Actually," I started, "he wouldn't. See, the thing is...wherever he is out here, he's unconscious. I know that for sure." I paused. "Oh...I'm Sarah, by the way."
Resonated Echo
Resonated Echo
New Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by Pabu Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:04 am

"Quinny. And that is no good." She looked around, her hat falling back, only to catch on her ear. "Well, if this guy is important to you, I bet you will find him. Those who are important are almost always found eventually."
Pabu
Pabu
New Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by Resonated Echo Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:14 am

Sarah

"Thanks." I gave a slight smile.

Then, suddenly, I felt what I asked for: a very slight and extremely faint stir of energy. It vanished as quickly as it came, but I already had what I needed.

"...I know where he is now," I said. "He's not far, either. Um, would you mind going with me? I can take you to the cabin after."
Resonated Echo
Resonated Echo
New Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by Pabu Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:18 am

Quinny looked at her. "Sure, if that is what you want. You know the way to the cabin, so I couldn't really stop you from going to find your friend first if you wanted to find them."
Pabu
Pabu
New Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by Resonated Echo Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:48 am

Sarah

"Alright," I said. "And sorry about having to drag you along."

I started off through the snow, following the energy to its source.

There! Sorrel thought. Up ahead!

Sure enough, I saw a black shape in the distance. It was lying down and partially buried in the snow, but it was there. I hurried over as quickly as I could.

"I have to let go for a moment," I said to Quinny, "but you could keep your hand on my shoulder or something. It'll still work that way."

I knelt down in the snow and started digging with my hands, sagging with relief when I saw that it really was him. Then I froze in apprehension, checked his pulse, and went back to being relieved. I uncovered him all the way, also trying to see if he had any injuries. Turned out he had a few, but nothing serious. Good.

...Oh great, I was going to have to carry him now. I hoisted him onto my back, staggering and stumbling a little before gaining my balance.

"Okay," I told Quinny, "we're good to go."
Resonated Echo
Resonated Echo
New Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by Pabu Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:09 am

Quinny looked at the girl then her friend. "Alright, which way to the cabin?" She would offer to help the guy, but it sounded like a lot of work. And the cold was starting to make her lazy. She reached out and touched the girls shoulder to keep the warmth again.
Pabu
Pabu
New Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by Resonated Echo Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:40 am

Sarah

I sensed for the unmasked life energy of the people in the cabin, then headed after them. Wading through all the snow was a lot more difficult now that I had to carry someone, but at least I managed it. Yeah, he'd better be really grateful for this...

---

Not a moment too soon, the cabin was in sight.

Thank God, I thought. I'm not sure I'd be able to keep this up for much longer.

I headed up to the door for the second time tonight.

"Do you think you could knock?" I asked Quinny. "Seeing how my hands are full..."
Resonated Echo
Resonated Echo
New Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by Pabu Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:16 am

"Quinnnnny......quiiiiiiinnnnn........QuiIIIIIInnnnnyyyyy...." The closer they got to the cabin, the more Quinny stared to hear her name.

"Ori.... ORI!" Quinny watched as her brother pushed through the blizard slowly, a piece of bamboo hanging out of his mouth.

"Finally found you, Quinny."

"Sarah, this is my brother. See? Panda." She looked over to were they were walking and nodded when Sarah asked for her to knock. She walked up to the door and gave a few loud knocks. Ori followed behind her, hands wrapped around his bamboo rod, holding it close to his chest.
Pabu
Pabu
New Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum